A nonbeliever's SECOND reading of the Bible

A nonbeliever's SECOND reading of the Bible
Hunc tu caveto.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 03, 2009


“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it will be opened.” - Luke 11:9-10

Any true Christian knows that all prayers are answered in three basic ways: Yes, No, or Wait.

Of course, the so-called skeptics always try to butt in on the truth, and say nonsense like, “What else do you expect?”

The best answer is that you can expect God to answer your prayers. I know in my heart of hearts that God answers prayers. In fact, I have tons of stories about how God has answered my stories. Why, just the other day I was praying to God, in tongues might I add, to heal my little puppy, which had just got run over by some low-rider driving a Chevy Impala. Guess what happened? Nothing.

That’s right! God answered my prayer “No.” And I respect Him for it, too. It is His call, after all. That is the proof that God answers prayers.

Another friend, William, said “That a difference that makes no difference is no difference.” He was presumably poking fun at my claim that God answered my prayer, and that no prayer would have the same result.

William wasn’t looking at the big picture. To quote Jesus, in Luke11:9-10, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it will be opened.”

Jesus didn’t specify WHAT would be given to you if you asked, only that “it” will be given to you. And IT is simply an answer! If I didn’t ask God to heal my puppy, then He wouldn’t have answered my prayer. But since I DID ask, Yahweh clearly and decisively answered it with a “No.”

William didn’t realize that there was indeed a difference. I prayed and God answered my prayer.
Some good advice to make sure you get the best results in prayer is to actually worship God in the beginning of your prayer. Actually, Jesus provides the best framework for a prayer, “Our Father in Heaven, hallowed by your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who has sinned against us. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.”

Lay it on thick. God likes that stuff. Then ask God to help you, but please be earnest! I’m pretty sure that since God is all-knowing, he knows whether you really mean it. True, since He knows everything, He also knew what you were going to say when He decided to create the universe somewhere between 6,000 years and 18 billion years ago, depending on which model of the universe you subscribe to.

Spread the Good Word to others, be sure to forward this to friends and family!

No comments: